Trinity Evangelical Lutheran School
Our congregation's parochial school began in the summer of 1953 by Rev. William H. Jones. At the time, our school consisted of only two classrooms. The congregation brought the late Ms. Lola McBride to teach the initial class of Kindergarten through the 8th Grade all in one room. Later, other teachers brought in and classes were separated by various grade levels.
With the dedication of the new church and school on Berkley Avenue on July 31, 1966, the school continued to grow with its first classes being held in September 1966. We cannot help but to stop and reflect on how God has abundantly blessed our school with dedicated teachers, cooperative Pastors, supportive parents, and eager students. The teacher rosters from 1953 until present are: the late Ms. Lola McBride, Ms. Martha Grisby, Ms. Addie Washington, Mrs. Clestine Dumas Packer, Mrs. Naomi Willis, Ms. Thelma Blackman, Mrs. Mollie Marshall Anderson, Mr. Lorenzo McBride, Sr., Mrs. Lovell Winters, Mr. Ulysses Ratcliff, Mrs. Nancy Cole, Mrs. Macolm Lewis Robinson, Mrs. Barbra Jones Strong, Mrs. Katie Armstrong, Mrs. Valerie Grayson Phillips, Mrs. Barbra Robinson, Mrs. Eva Mae Ghaskin Parker, Mrs. Mabelean Dale Scott (Principal), Mrs. Burnetta Stallworth, Mrs. Valerie King-Floyd, Mr. Donnie Marshall, Mrs. Frances Law, Mrs. Gwendolyn Marshall, Mrs. Ollie M. Morrisette, Mrs. Marilyn Spencer Johnson, Mrs.Perlean Scott, Mrs. Juanita King Jones, Mrs. Zephneah Casher, Ms. Tammy Spencer King, Ms. Stephanie Lindsey, Ms. Deborah Jackson (teacher's aide), Ms. Inez Bumpers, Mrs. Elizabeth Darlene Scott Banks, Mr. Samuel Mdluli, Mrs. Yolonda Henderson, Ms. Naketah Holloway, Ms. LaTanya Law, Mrs. Eulean Pollock, Mrs. Erica Edwards, Mrs. Annie Campbell, Ms. Timika Green, Ms. Ora Bell, Mrs. Kimberly Williams, Ms. Annette Smith, Mrs. Bettye D. Brown (Principal), Mr. William Frye, and Mrs. Joann Whigham (Administrator).
Our school has grown even more with the help of God. The faculty consists of eight teachers, three kitchen staff and two custodians. Our student body in attendance is 100 plus. This year with all the hard work and special programs we offer for our students, we know that God will provide for us here at Trinity, even more students. For the last six years we have offered Trinity students, Brazier Elementary, and Chestang Middle school, tutorial programs in Reading, Language, Science, and Mathematics. The teachers work very hard to help students bring up their grades and do will on their achievement tests.
Our mission is to make disciples for Jesus Christ, to prepare children for this life and the life hereafter. Besides teaching Reading, Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies, our teachers teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ; telling the students that Jesus died for our salvation so we can have abundant life. In the school year 2005-2006 our school opened with six new classrooms and a library (in conjunction with the Mobile County Public Library System) for the school and community. We give all the thanks and praise to God for what He has done for us here at Trinity Lutheran Church and School.